The 2017 Quality Indicator Survey Summary Report must be submitted to ASQA by 30 June.
You only need to have surveyed employers if you have direct working relationship with them (such as for apprenticeships/traineeships or if work placement is part of your assessment process). There was a time where provision was made for alternative surveys, but the current legislation explicitly requires that the standard national QI learner and employer questionnaires be used.
Since the withdrawal of free support for the SMART system, this format can still be used, or an alternative reporting option is provided. There are now two options for reporting on the results:
- A manual template provided by ASQA. This is quite an extensive document and covers things like what trends were noticed and what actions were taken as a result.
- A report from the SMART system or one that look like it. This last option is available in Enquiry Mate. It is a quick and easy option and satisfies the requirements.
Details can be checked on the ASQA site here.
VET Campus Users: We now provide a QI Survey tool to automatically send survey to students and employers as well as compiling results. All students and Employers receive a survey (census method) based on the end date of the Occurrence/Offer to The survey form is sent 3 times as a part of a workflow that also includes and SMS, if enabled, and yes the QI form works on a smartphone device! Ask us about our QI product, it free when you commit to your next renewal.
In Enquiry Mate, you can generate the report at Management – Quality Indicators. Specify the reporting year as 2017 since the data due on 30 June 2018 is for responses received in Jan-Dec 2017. Estimated the actual number of surveys distributed based on a registration, result, attempt or action reports for the year. How you estimate this depends on your timing and method of distributing surveys for your various courses. The responses will be shown based on the actual data entered.
Update the comments appropriately. Some common things to include are:
- If no employer data was included a confirmation that you don’t have any “direct engagement” with employers.
- How frequently and with what methods the surveys are distributed and collected.
- Any issues you have with collecting and interpreting responses.
- What significant trends were noticed and what actions were taken as a result.
A paragraph for each of the two sections should normally suffice.
Preview the report and save as a PDF. Then attach that PDF to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words Quality Indicators and your RTO No in the subject to make it easy for ASQA to add you to their electronic “naughty or nice” list. They do keep a record of the submission date on their records for audit purposes but do not look at the results until such time as an auditor reviews the records prior to your next audit.
Providers who report to WA-TAC or VQRA need to send the report to a different email address. More details of the process can be found on our support portal here.