Over the coming weeks, we will be writing a series of posts on sustainable search engine optimization. These are written to help our readers understand how to inexpensively optimize their websites without the use the ‘experts’. And how the one should use an official site to contact a professional only while looking to buy backlinks, get quality posts or pillow links.
Search engine optimisation by JWGecko is very much about ROI [return on investment] for our clients – these free DIY guides proves it 🙂
Other SEO and SEM companies will charge you for this information but ultimately this basic but useful information is about common sense and a rudimentary understanding of the medium. We hope it helps – a lot – and where ever you are in our global village we hope you will choose JWGecko when you need an expert to take your business to the next step. For additional SEO information and guidance visit https://victoriousseo.com/services/.
SEO & SEM for new business startups: At JWGecko we suggest to our customers the way to get their website to rank highly on search engines is to plan that part of their marketing before your stat any online activity:
- before you build your website
- before you chose a designer
- before you choose a CMS
- before you choose a domain name[s]
- before you commit to the business!
SEO & SEM really are that important: Given the ubiquitous nature of the Internet if there is no or limited traffic to your primary business description phrase … why would you bother with more than a minimal online presence or why wouldn’t you delay the trip down business-development-lane until there is traffic or at least a trend of developing traffic?
Be early? It does pay to be early as it can take between 3 and 12 months to maximize your ranking on the main search engines
With our new business name JWGecko we have taken an old-school stance and we will discuss this later in a future blog posting, but suffice to say we have made our lives more fun with our funky new business name but we have also given ourselves a mountain to climb in what we do to market ourselves in the most competitive non-sex related keyword competition of them all [SEO & SEM] – all good lessons though as you will read in the coming weeks 🙂
The traffic to SEO [search engine optimization] phrases such as SEO and SEM have topped the 10,000,000 searches per month globally and is still on the increase. This means we know there is a lot of interest in a story like this; in the same way if you research the amount of traffic to your business key words you will know what words and phrases you need to use to promote on your website too.
SEO & SEM for existing businesses and websites: If your website is ranking reasonably well you often have the hardest decisions to make as making changes will undoubtedly upset the balance in the hundreds of analysis points the search engines use to rank your website and we will go in to the strategies you should use to avoid the traps of making changes in the wrong way
Free SEO & SEM tips and tricks:
We have ti start somewhere so let’s chose the basics and the cheapest point of entry.
An easy and FREE way to understand what your clients are interested in is to use the Google Adwords tool and not quite the way Google envisaged – we like that a lot!
* Adwords are the pay-per-click adverts you see on the top and right hand side of your google search results pages and if you click on them the advertiser is charged a fee agreed between Google and the advertiser. The cost of the ads is dependent on the amount of competition for the word or phrase and the placement has a lot to do with more money i.e. the highest responding ads will go to the top.
Here’s what you should do for a quickie review of a market:
- In your Google search bar enter the search phrase “Google adwords tool external”.
- Choose the top Google url link and go to the Adword tool;
- Edit the region to be your own
- Now add in a keyword phrase; ensure “use synonyms” is selected
- Enter the silly captcha code which helps Google stop automated queries
- Review the results 🙂
The results are split up into two sections: the specific results you requested are in the top results panel and then below it is another panel of results Google thinks you might like; in this second set of data we are able to add and remove fields and we like to see the trends AND the the cost per click too. We always click on the traffic header to organize the results with the highest traffic on top – it makes comparison a little easier.
From this process we learn many things things;
- What your clients call your products!
- What the key words we should be targeting are [in a very broad and unsophisticated sense]
- We can see emerging trends and phrases we should consider adding to our marketing mix
- We can see, by looking at the cost, what the level of competition is in the market
How about that? Not bad for about 30 seconds work is it?
* One of our partners sells Corporate Apparel; at least that is what THEY called it, the review process above showed clearly that clients called the product Corporate Clothing, a quick change of content and page titles and behold, lots more traffic and sales 🙂 It works!
And … we will tell you lots more SEO & SEM Tips and Tricks over the next few weeks. If you like this page please let us know and if you use the information then please link to it from your website. We will be writing a series of 10 Free SEO Tips blog items and you are free to publish them on your website as long as you link back to http://jwgecko.com – is that a fair trade?
New Media Maniac and Funster